SOMERA Half-Cut Cell Module (144 cell)
- Reduced Power Loss- Half-cell technology reduces resistive losses in the interconnection of solar modules. Less resistance between the cells increases the power output
- Increased Shade Tolerance- Bypass diodes and innovative series-parallel connections enables the half-cell module to perform better in partial shadow conditions. With 6 module cell strings, a half-cell module has twice as much cell-strings as a standard solar module
- Superior Price Performance- Half-cell design improves the efficiency of a standard module, increasing the module power output without adding much to the cost
- Less Hot Spot- One half-cell generates only half the current than that of a standard cell. So heat production declines, thus reducing the chances of a hot spot generation when one solar cell in a module cell string is shaded
- Improved Heat Dissipation- The use of three separate, smaller junction boxes with each containing one bypass diode, reduces internal resistance and enables the new layout design for increased output
How modules helped our clients
Quality, performance, and durability of the solar panels were key criteria for choosing Vikram Solar and Finnwind for this project.
We depend on partners like Vikram Solar to produce and supply reliable solar modules that are proven to meet our exact requirements.
Kolkata airport is proud to showcase the biggest airport rooftop installation in the country. Vikram Solar was entrusted to execute this prestigious project and they successfully completed it.
We were particular about proven high quality standards, extended linear performance guarantees and affordable technology. Vikram Solar's global track record and their astonishing commitment from Day 1, proved that we had found a trustworthy partner.