- 'Atma Deepo Bhavah'
“An educated girl transforms two households, her home and her in-laws’ home.”
– H.K. Chaudhary
Vikram Solar strongly believes that only education can bring a change in your and your family’s life. Education is the only way to eradicate poverty and respond to social, economic, healthcare and environmental challenges. The Company is dedicated towards enlightening the communities it serves by facilitating access to quality education. The state-of-the-art BRCM educational Campus has successfully transformed the Bahal village in Haryana into a ‘City of Education’ and through many such institutions and initiatives, Vikram Solar has bestowed the gift of education on millions, with special focus on educating the girl child.
Educational institutions fully supported by Vikram Solar under the BRCM Trust
A pre-primary public school from Nursery to Class II
RDNL Vidyamandir in Bahal, a small town in Haryana, is a pre-primary school offering quality education to children of Nursery to Class II. More than 700 students are a part of the institution which acts as a feeder to BRCM ‘Gyankunj’. The idea is to provide a chain of institutions that educate the children right from elementary levels up until their post graduate studies, i.e. KG to PG.
BRCM Public School - 'Gyankunj'
A co-educational day school from Class III to Class XII
‘Gyankunj’ is a co-educational day school in Bahal offering primary as well as secondary education. Here, young minds are nurtured to make the best use of their formative years. Equipped with best infrastructure, the school offers education from Class III to Class XII to more than 1,900 children from 90 surrounding villages.
‘Nanhe Kadam’ is a free evening school for students of Class I – VIII at BRCM Public School, Gyankunj. Around 300 less fortunate children from Bahal receive free education in addition to uniforms, books and stationaries, meals and healthcare support.
BRCM Public School - 'Vidyagram'
A co-educational residential school from Class IV to Class XII
‘Vidyagram’ is a co-educational residential school offering secondary education while preparing students for their Board Exams. Located 2 km from Bahal in Haryana, the school offers education from Class IV to Class XII with a host of extra-curricular activities to around 400 children from all across the world.
BRCM College of Engineering & Technology
A higher-secondary educational institution
BRCM College of Engineering & Technology is a higher-secondary educational institution in Haryana providing quality technical education to hundreds of budding engineers. The college offers advanced academic infrastructure with residential and recreational facilities.
GDC Memorial College
A co-educational day college for UG and PG courses
Located in the peripheries of Bahal, Haryana, GDC Memorial College is a co-educational day college offering both Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses to more than 1,500 students each year.
'Agrasain Balika Vidyalaya'
A free school for girl students from the peripheries of Kolkata
Ballaram Hanumandas Charitable Trust (BHCT) supported by Vikram Solar runs the ‘Agrasain Balika Vidyalaya’, a school for girl students in the peripheries of Kolkata, India. More than 6,500 girls are presently enrolled in this institution.
Other educational initiatives
- Adult literacy programs are organised in Bahal to empower communities for a brighter future.
- Sweaters, books, stationery and other educational materials are distributed among underprivileged school children in Bahal. Nutritious meals are also provided to these children for their healthy growth.
- Computer literacy programs are organised for children of the village.
- The Kalyan Bharti Trust is one of the trustees of ‘The Heritage School’ in Kolkata, India that offers quality education to more than 8,000 students. This is a non-profit endeavour.
- The Company is also one of the trustees of ‘Tapti Valley’, an English medium co-educational day boarding school in Surat, also a non-profit endeavour.
- Vikram Solar, in association with Ramakrishna Mission, Kolkata, periodically distributes school books and encourages students to pursue higher education by paying their college admission fees.