about the solar industry in India
you should know
From 10 MW installed capacity in 2010, India grew to approximately 9 GW capacity in solar in 2016
"Make in India" as well as the solar mission is actually a good combination and Indian domestic manufacturers have contributed in making this growth a success. India is on track to become one of the largest installers of solar power globally, with this incredible installation rate.
Solar prices have fallen from ₹18/kWh to below ₹3 to ₹4/kWh in the last five years
The fall in prices of solar modules in global markets along with a firm policy push by the Government in India to install 100 GW of solar power capacity by 2022, which is by the way the largest renewable energy capacity expansion in the world, has increased investor appetite, leading to a tariff drop from ₹18 per kWh to below ₹3 to ₹4/kWh in the last five years. Major incentives given to the sector include a reduced tax burden, improved cash flow, simpler foreign investment rules, viability gap funding for public-private partnerships, capital subsidy for grid-connected solar rooftop systems, and state-level initiatives like treating land acquired for renewable energy projects as non-agricultural.
Renewable energy has electrified a total of 12,064 villages in India
A total of 12,064 villages out of 18,452, have been electrified under the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY). Ministry of Power, Coal, New & Renewable Energy & Mines under the guidance of Shri Piyush Goyal, MoS(IC), GoI, is leading this initiative.
The solar industry in India has created 31,000 jobs for on-grid and 72,000 jobs for off-grid applications, employing 103,000 people.
Solar PV employs an estimated 103,000 people in grid-connected (31,000 jobs) and off-grid applications (72,000 jobs). With increasing domestic demand, local companies are utilising their production capabilities and several foreign companies are interested in investment. Irrespective of further developments in manufacturing, reaching the government's goal of 100 GW in PV by 2022 could generate 1.1 million jobs in construction, project commissioning & design, business development and operations & maintenance.
The total capacity of installed solar module production lines increased from 5,848 megawatts to 8,113 megawatts within 6 months in 2016, a 23% increase.
The total capacity of installed solar module production lines increased from 5,848 megawatts on 30 June 2016 to 8,113 megawatts on 31 December 2016, a 23% increase. The total number of companies in the business of module manufacturing has also increased from 94 to 104 during the six month period. Encouragingly, three module manufacturers that jointly have the second largest installed production lines for solar modules have 100% capacity utilisation. These are Emmvee Photovoltaics, Vikram Solar and Waaree Energies, each having an installed capacity of 500 megawatts.
Why Vikram Solar?
WIDE-RANGED ROOFTOP SOLAR EPC EXPERIENCE with project presence across 24 states in India
India's Tier 1* Module Manufacturer meeting highest international standards
First company to build solar PV rooftop array on world's first 100% solar powered airport
ISO 9001:2008 Certified Manufacturing unit & EPC projects division
* Bloomberg New Energy Finance
* Terms and Conditions of Contest
- Vikram Solar Private Limited (VSPL) has organized the Contest. It is valid only in India and Germany in Europe.
- The tenure of contest is from 1st March, 2017 to 30th April, 2017.
- Information as available on the official Contest page is the only authentic and valid information about the Contest. VSPL shall not be responsible for any incorrect/misleading information relating to the Contest, presented/displayed on any other source other than the Contest page of VSPL & will not be liable for any loss suffered by any Participant based on the representation, terms, conditions, information presented/displayed on any other source other than the Contest page.
- The panel of jury appointed by VSPL will evaluate response submitted by the Participant/s.
- Jury's decision on the selection of winner(s) will be final and binding on all the Participant/s. No correspondence, clarification, explanation in this regard will be entertained by VSPL. Any person or participant carrying out any correspondence or clarification or tweeting or posting any negative comments about the decision of the Jury shall be liable to VSPL and shall be immediately disqualified by all future contests of VSPL.
- The Participants can post as many entries as possible on the participation platforms however, shall not be using multiple IDs to participate in the same contest. Any single participant found using or participating through multiple IDs in the contest shall be disqualified immediately, shall not be entitled to win any prizes, and shall be barred from participating in any future contests on the Contest Page.
- Each winner of the Contest will be entitled to win the mentioned gifts based on the selection of the Jury only within 4 months from the closing date of the contest.
- Under the circumstances of unavailability of prize, a prize of a similar value shall be distributed to the winners for which he/she has been selected.
- The response to this Contest must be original and confirm to decency guidelines. Any response deemed to contain content that depicts violence, immoral, unethical, illegal, anti-social, racial, political, anti-religious, and sexual or any other inflammatory, defamatory or objectionable material will be disqualified and removed from the concerned URL. VSPL reserves the right to initiate legal action against such Participants. Interpretation of what is, and is not, appropriate material is at the sole discretion of VSPL.
- Participant/s winning the Prize/s should contact manufacturer’s Customer care number directly in case of any complaints relating to the defect in the Prize and VSPL will not be held liable for any such defect, default, damage, malfunctioning of the prize/s.
- Any loss during dispatch of the gift from VSPL to the winner's doorsteps will be covered under the insurance cover taken by courier partner. Once the winner accepts the gift, VSPL will not be responsible for paying any other tax, fee, etc.
- The winners will be intimated within 14 days of the conclusion of Contest, by way of email on the email ID of the winner on the applicable platform/s. In the event of no response/acknowledgement from the concerned winner to the email communication within 30 days, then his prize will be forfeited.
- The winners should submit the necessary documentation/proof of identity and other relevant documentation, which VSPL requests for, within 14 days of receiving intimation of being selected as winner of the Contest by VSPL.
- The prizes are non-transferable and non-substitutable. The prizes are offered on "NO EXCHANGE NO REFUND" basis. VSPL will not entertain any requests for exchange in lieu of the prize/s.
- VSPL reserves the right to modify, add or delete any of the terms and conditions or participation mechanics of the Contest at any point of time at its sole discretion without serving any prior intimation to the Participants. Intimation of any change, modification, addition, deletion in the terms and condition of the Contest will be served to the participation by posting the revised terms and condition of the Contest on VSPL portal/social platforms.
- Any disputes with respect to the Contest shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of courts in Kolkata, India.